viernes, 5 de junio de 2015

Diary Entry

We wrote a Diary Entry if we were the grandmother of the poem 
"For my Grandmother Knitting" by Liz Lochhead.

Dear diary,
Since I was young I loved knitting because since my mother died, I felt so sad. But one day I discovered that if I knit I feel better. So I have knitted since I was ten years old, until now that I am eighty years old. 
My classmates told me that I was very strange, my father told me that I was a fissher-girl.
When I was therty years old, I married and my father died. So I knitted more than before. I had three sons, when they were eighteen years old they left house and I lived with my husband.
When I was seventyfive years old my husband died.
Six months later one of my sons had a baby, two years later one of my other sons had a baby too and five moths later my youngest son had two babies. So I knit clothes for all my grandchildren.
Now my family tell me that I am useless and unnecessary because I keep on knitting and there is not need, but I won´t stop doing this.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario